Sunday, April 23, 2006

Russ Feingold: On, Wisconsin, on, Wisconsin, stand up, Badgers, sing!

Pam and I, as well as a small group of other LA based bloggers, had a wonderful opportunity to have lunch with Sen. Russ Feingold (D-WI) yesterday. Other bloggers in attendance were RJ Eskow, Howie Klein, Brad Friedman, Joseph Cannon, and Joseph Mailander.

Pam, being from Wisconsin, told Russ (yes, I call him Russ) that her friends back there, hearing about our meet-up with him, said "Go Russ!"

Howie, Brad, J. Cannon, RJ, & J. Mailander (as "scribes") have great posts up about the meeting, and I have little to add except this: The senator, while talking to us about his censure proposal, said that other Dem Senators were afraid of retribution from Karl Rove.

I asked Sen. Feingold this question:
With GWBush's numbers well into the lower 30s, with Rove looking like a probable indictee sometime soon, with the Abramoff, Cunningham, DeLay, Libby, Burns, Doolittle, Scanlon et al scandals continuing to develop, exactly what 'juice' did Rove have? What could he threaten Democrats with that carried any weight?

Russ's answer:
"I wish I knew."

I like this guy.


Update: Links to the other bloggers pieces added.

No comments: