Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Oh but I didn't see, that the joke was on me

In an amazing turn of events, Rick Moran, of RightWingNutHouse (still no irony there) shows off his shiny new Hubris:
You may find this very hard to believe but despite the fact that I’m probably one of the two or three smartest people I’ve ever met, my grades while I was in school left much to be desired.

I like to think it was because my teachers were a bunch of philistines whose dreary recitations of facts and fallacies bored me to tears.

The truth is a little more prosaic. I daydreamed in class constantly.


Wow. Cool. Rick, dude, I have NEVER ever in my life bragged about this before, but I was tested and accepted into MENSA when I was 16. So I got your two or three smartest people right here.

Alas, he goes on:

Let’s imagine it is early tomorrow morning in Connecticut. We are watching CNN as a breathless Anderson Cooper is talking about the victor in the Democratic primary for Senator. We are told that he will make an appearance in the hotel ballroom shortly. Scenes from the ballroom flash across the screen of overjoyed people, dancing and singing.

Just then, the winner appears on stage to the roar of his supporters. The happy, smiling candidate raises his hand for quiet but the crowd simply won’t settle down. They worked hard for this victory. Finally, the room begins to settle. But as it does, a strange barely discernible noise can be heard in the background. Straining, we try and pick it up but it is almost too indistinct to be understood. Suddenly, it dawns on us. It almost sounds like…like…one hundred thousand people screaming in agony and rage at the top of their voices.

That’s right. The candidate making the victory speech is Joe Lieberman. And the howls of pain and anguish are coming from the legions of netnuts whose smug, self righteous crusade to take down Lieberman failed in the end as a direct result of their own hubris.

Kos is so bereft he announces that he’s getting out of politics and going back into the telemarketing business. Hamsher writes a goodbye note to her blog readers, goes back to Hollywood and makes millions doing acne cream infomercials. Oliver Willis is so overcome with grief that he rejoins the circus.

Digby outs himself and joins a convent. TBogg dissolves into a toxic sludge of excrement and bile. John Aravosis refuses to acknowledge Little Neddy’s defeat and spends the next 5 years proving that Diebold employees hacked into the voting machines and gave the victory to Lieberman (he’s eventually proved right).

But what about me? I blog too, I want some winger love...not really.

All I have to say is that when the spasm in your right hand stops, Rick, all you're left with is a stain on your jeans. Oh, and a Democrat in CT. A real centrist Democrat, who thinks that killing American folks in Iraq is not really helping your little GWOT.

Idiot.

No comments: