A Springsteen/Seeger album seems entirely pitched to a subset of the already-converted--no red-state audience there. And Seeger's a bit of a self-righteous twit, no?
Ahem. You see, Bruce has announced an album and tour featuring long-time political activist Pete Seeger's music. You know, Pete Seeger, the guy who
- wrote "If I Had A Hammer"
- wrote "Where Have All The Flowers Gone"
- wrote "Turn, Turn, Turn"
- along with his group The Weavers was blacklisted during McCarthy's HUAC
- founded The Clearwater Group, which cleaned up pollution in the Hudson River
- served in the Pacific in WW II
- left the Communist Party long before other socialists did, when they found out about Stalin's crimes
- said "I like to say I'm more conservative than Goldwater. He just wanted to turn the clock back to when there was no income tax. I want to turn the clock back to when people lived in small villages and took care of each other."
Jeezus, Mickey, look in a mirror.