Monday, January 07, 2008

The history book on the shelf, Is always repeating itself

Why I Believe Bush Must Go

By George McGovern
Sunday, January 6, 2008

As we enter the eighth year of the Bush-Cheney administration, I have belatedly and painfully concluded that the only honorable course for me is to urge the impeachment of the president and the vice president

After the 1972 presidential election, I stood clear of calls to impeach President Richard M. Nixon for his misconduct during the campaign. I thought that my joining the impeachment effort would be seen as an expression of personal vengeance toward the president who had defeated me.

Today I have made a different choice.
[...]
But what are the facts?

Bush and Cheney are clearly guilty of numerous impeachable offenses. They have repeatedly violated the Constitution. They have transgressed national and international law. They have lied to the American people time after time. Their conduct and their barbaric policies have reduced our beloved country to a historic low in the eyes of people around the world. These are truly "high crimes and misdemeanors," to use the constitutional standard.
Senator McGovern goes on to list just some of the most egregious acts, (AKA impeachable offenses), that bush & cheney have committed against America.

And the senator isn't alone. At least 182,720 Americans agree with him.




Cross posted at VidiotSpeak

No comments: