Wednesday, January 30, 2008

How I wish you were here

While it's been apparent for some time that he really had no chance, John Edwards' campaign pushed the agenda to the Left, and that was important, and valuable. If anyone asked, he was our (Pam's and my) guy, because of his positions on poverty and health care.

Today, he said this:


Now, I've spoken to both Senator Clinton and Senator Obama. They have both pledged to me and more importantly through me to America, that they will make ending poverty central to their campaign for the presidency.

And more importantly, they have pledged to me that as President of the United States they will make ending poverty and economic inequality central to their Presidency. This is the cause of my life and I now have their commitment to engage in this cause.

And I want to say to everyone here, on the way here today, we passed under a bridge that carried the interstate where 100 to 200 homeless Americans sleep every night. And we stopped, we got out, we went in and spoke to them.

You hear that, Hillary and Barack? We're listening, and hoping . . .

And he doesn't need a goddamn teleprompter, like Grandpa John.

No comments: