Sunday, July 15, 2007

Running into the sun, but I'm running behind


READING, Pennsylvania (July 15) - Consumer advocate Ralph Nader told the Green Party's national convention that he is considering a 2008 presidential run. Nader accused Democrats of trying to shut smaller parties out of the political process. "But I'll show 'em", said Nader defiantly, "Hey, I helped put George W. Bush into the White House in 2000. That sure got the Democrats' attention, didn't it?"

In the past, finances have been a problem for Nader and the Green Party, but he said due to a group of very generous contributors, the next run for the presidency shouldn't be any problem at all. Chuckled Nader, "I'm flattered that these fellas have told me that money is no object to put me on the ticket. Even though they don't seem to care about my agendas and stands on issues, they just toss money into my campaign coffers like its going out of style. It's good to know at least somebody wants a third party running."

Nader poses with his contributors

(graphic by Dancin' Dave)

No comments: