Friday, October 24, 2008

I'll be satisfied as long As I walk

So, how was your day? Here was mine:


(Mom loved this song, Matt & his Brass Quintet played it today. They fucking rocked!)



In Loving Memory Of
Helen Ruth Anderson
Beloved Mom, Nana, and Friend
1926 - 2008


Entered This Life
August 18, 1926
Riverside, CA

Entered Eternal Life
October 11, 2008
Orange, CA

Graveside Service
Thursday, October 23, 2008, 2:30 P.M.
Fairhaven Memorial Park
Santa Ana, CA


Anyone who visits here, thanks, but sympathy isn't what I'm looking for. I miss my Mom like crazy, but I still have to get up tomorrow and deal with life.

My point, my only point in posting this is as follows:
IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU!

Huh? Wha?

If there's someone you love, who means something to you, don't ever take them for granted. Nothing in life is granted but a chance. You have a chance to make some difference in someone's life? Then take it. You have a chance to tell someone you love that you, you know, love them? Do it. Don't wait. No "As soon as I . . ." excuses. Do it right now!

I can't ask Mom anymore questions about "What happened when Papa said . . .?" So there's now a generation of family history that's lost. And more importantly, there's an ongoing, living, spirit that's been lost.

Believe in the afterlife? I'm agnostic, and so was Mom. But she was open to the idea. So I hope she's happy with the turnout at the cemetery today. And I hope she knows how many people considered her both family and friend.

And as I pointed out in a previous post, Mom felt so strongly about politics and the future of America that she filled out her absentee ballot the day before she died. She hated what had happened to the US during the last 8 years.

She voted for Barack Obama for President. Will you?

Do it for Ruthie.

Thanks.

No comments: