Wednesday, November 05, 2008

When I woke up this morning, You were on my mind

When I woke up this morning, I immediately turned on CNN, something I never do, to make sure:
1) It wasn’t dream.
2) He hadn’t been assassinated.

Of course the incredibly good news is that Obama won. The incredibly bad news is that Proposition Hate was passed in California. It enshrined in their state constitution that same sex couples can't marry. And in Florida and Arizona.

This is an injustice that violates our most basic tenets of equality. Plainly worded, it's just wrong!

I personally believe that the government has no business in the marriage business. Any couple that applies should be granted a civil union, and churches should be allowed to marry whoever they want. It's called separation of church and state.

That said, many folks are outraged that Americans can vote for Obama and still vote for these hate amendments to their state constitutions.

Here's why: Americans did not overwhelming vote for an African-American candidate, we voted for a candidate who has the skills to lead us out of the nightmare of the culture of ignorance and bellicosity that has ruined our country for 8 years.

But that's just me, YMMV.


Update (SteveAudio): You can't just let that title hang there. Here's the song. Not sure of the recording, but clearly it's not the original single-"You Were On My Mind":




Cross posted at VidiotSpeak

No comments: