Friday, June 08, 2007

If I lost you would I cry

I blogged about this piece of music recently, and I wish to extend and revise my remarks.

First, as often happens, the video disappeared from YouTube, reasons unknown. YouTube has been hit recently with several copyright complaints, perhaps this was one. While I am very sensitive to that issues, making my living in the music business, I'll return to that discussion later.

For now, it's all about the music. This is why Phil Spector was considered a genius. This is why Tina Turner was considered a star. Forget "Private Dancer", forget the murder trial, and remember a slice of time where categories hadn't crippled radio, MTV didn't exist, and musicians, producers, engineers, and the music-loving public were exploring new territory everyday.

"River Deep, Mountain High":



TubeSock: save YouTube videos to your computer.

No comments: