Friday, December 28, 2007
Colored lights that hypnotize
Commentor and friend (?) BustedKnuckles of Ornery Bastard sent me one of those surveys, so loved by the kidz and their MySpace friends. Only this one is kind of fun. For great answers go see Busted's answers. For mine, well, here they are:
1. Wrapping or gift bags?
Either; wrapping is more personal.
2. Real or artificial tree?
Currently artificial, it's so much easier.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down?
After Pam's B-day, also known as Epiphany.
5. Do you like egg nog?
Lots of rum, please.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My horse; see picture at top.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yep, a lovely one given us by the equally lovely Kristin.
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Can't think of one.
9. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Pam takes responsibility for that, thankfully.
10. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Any one of the "A Christmas Carol" versions.
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Some time in December.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
13. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
14. Favorite Christmas song(s)?
15. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Travel to the Mansells (you know who you are).
16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Donner, Blitzen, Prancer, Sparky, Tweedle & Floyd.
17. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Both are lovely.
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?
19. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
"War on Christmas" crap from O'Reilly et al.
20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color?
Sometimes, that's also up to Pam.
21. What do you leave for Santa?
Nothing, he gets enough at other houses.
22. Least favorite holiday song?
Grandma got run over by a reindeer.
23. Favorite ornament?
Some of the dated ones from Mom.
24. Family tradition?
Make nice with each other.
25. Ever been to Midnight Mass or late-night Christmas Eve services?
Supposedly I'm to pass this on to 7 lucky victims, but I'm breaking with tradition and keeping it in the family.
So here goes: Sailor, D-Dave, darkblack, here's the throwdown. You've been tagged!
Update: corrected Pam's b-day to the correct Catholic holiday.